What workplaces are captured by the legislation. The term ‘organisation’ is referred to in much of the legislation.
Section 3 of the Protected Disclosures Act 2000 – which is the Interpretation part of the Act states:
Organisation means a body of persons, whether corporate or unincorporated, and whether in the public sector or in the private sector: and includes a body of persons comprising 1 employer and 1 or more employees.
The public sector organisation is defined as:
- An organisation named or specified in schedule 1 of the Ombudsmen Act 1975
- An organisation named in schedule 1 of the Official Information Act 1982
- A local authority or public body named or specified in schedule 1 of the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987
- The office of the Clerk of the House of Representatives
- The Parliamentary Service
- An intelligence and Security Agency
- A council-controlled organisation within the meaning of section 6 of the Local Government Act 2002